Sunday, August 4, 2013

..nom nom..



Seriously, this stuff... I used to be scared of guacamole. One too many bowls of grayish-green goo at second rate restaurants probably jump started that fear. Even when I was brave enough to taste it, it was so bland that I wondered what the point of eating it was. Then one day my husband made some at home. The man who can't make macaroni, made guacamole. He said he had found a recipe on the internet and wanted to try it. And it is GOOD! I'm not kidding. I make it twice a week because I crave it. I have tweaked the original recipe that my husband found (I don't even know the website he found it on, just went by what he told me he remembered reading). And I'm also not a big "measure everything exactly, every single time" kinda girl. Except in baking. Because that junk is finicky! Anyway, if you wanna know how I make guac, here you go! 

This recipe makes enough for me and the hubs. But we can put it away, so judge for yourself :) Also, the size of your diced/chopped pieces is totally a personal preference. For example, the hubs is not a huge tomato fan, so I dice the pieces up pretty small. 

2 ripened avocados
1 Roma tomato, diced (I only use half the tomato when the hubs is eating it)
1/8 c. chopped red onion
1-2 tsp chopped cilantro
Juice of half a lime
Garlic salt
Salt

Here's where I get technical with the fancy lingo, you ready? :)

Cut up and scoop your avocados into a bowl. Take a fork and mash those suckers up good. Add the next four ingredients and stir up. Add your salts to taste.. I go a little heavier on the garlic salt. Stir, grab some tortilla chips and stuff your face! Or schmear it on a taco. Whatever, this stuff is good. Everyone's idea of good is different though. If you like heat, throw in some diced jalapeƱos. Don't like cilantro? Lessen it or leave it out completely. Go guac crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment