Monday, September 30, 2013

..WIPs..

Yep, plural. Does any crafter ever only have one project going at a time? If so, then they are much more disciplined than I am. So here are some of the things I'm working on at the moment..


This buffet is getting a makeover. It was a Craigslist find and will live in my foyer on this empty wall when it's done. 


Those paint swatches are for the buffet. I want the top stained dark and the bottom painted a blue-gray. 

Then there's another one of these I have to finish..


(Better pics will follow. She kept wanting to twirl!)

My girls want to be Cinderella for Halloween. But, we're surprising them with a trip to Disney for their birthday this weekend, and we will be attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. So they both have to be done before we leave on Thursday. And, the hubs, his family (they're going with us) and I have decided we have to dress up too. We wanted something easy and something we could stash in a locker until the party starts. So we're going to be pirates.. And of course I agreed to whip up some costumes. Currently in this stage:


But the concept in my head just involves some bought white t-shirts, this striped fabric and dollar store eye patches :)

Then the weekend after we get back from Disney is the girls' birthday party. Which they insisted needed to be Minnie Mouse themed. So I'm making them outfits for the party, which involves some cute black and pink polka dots. Pictures of those next week. 

So what all do you have going on at the moment? I love seeing other people's works-in-progress, especially if they have as many as I do! Makes me feel better about myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment